Volunteering is a fantastic way to both contribute to the needs of Thandanani as well as personally reaping the benefits of being involved in the lives of people less fortunate than yourself.
As with many non-profit organizations, we rely on the generosity of volunteers. Below is a list of possible areas for getting involved with Thandanani House of Refuge. Please contact us if you would like to be involved.
- Birthday parties – arrange once a term.
- Arrange a Christmas party in December.
- Mentoring – teenage kids.
- Baking for the home, including birthday cakes when needed.
- Baking with the children and teaching them.
- Doing crafts with the children and teaching them.
- Professional Counselling.
- Aiding with homework/extra lessons in specific subjects.
- Run holiday programmes for the kids.
- Work Parties:
- Women can help with hanging curtains properly, showing kids how to sew buttons/how to hem their clothing etc.
- Men to fix things around the houses. (As maintenance and handyman activities)
- Plumbing and electrical services when needed.
- Maintenance projects, handyman when needed.